14 de agosto de 2014

Booking Through Thursday: Estantes 2

A pergunta desta semana é...
I've always considered that my bookcases give a pretty fair representation of me as a person - they show my interests, what kind of things I like, that I have a curious mind, the kinds of things I study... all that. But with the increase of e-books, that litmus test of personality is going by the wayside. Unless someone takes my Kindle and browses through it, there isn't an immediate, visible display of my interests... am I the only one who finds that kind of sad? Going forward, about the most we'll be able to tell about someone is that they OWN an e-book reader... but no real idea of what they actually read. I'm going to miss that.
Eu não acho que seja assim. Tenho um Kindle e não é por isso que não deixo de comprar livros e colocá-los nas estantes ou onde quer que tenha um espacinho, porque as estantes estão a abarrotar. Não me parece que ter um e-reader implique, obrigatoriamente, deixar de ter livros. Quanto muito torno-me mais selecta no que compro.

Talvez as minhas estantes daqui para a frente reflitam ainda melhor os meus interesses, porque ficarão nas estantes somente aqueles que de facto me disseram alguma coisa, ou foram oferecidos por alguém especial. Ficarão aqueles que preciso para trabalho e até mesmo aqueles que só comprei porque ficam bem na estante. :P

Sem comentários:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...